Need to reword the statement by taking a position and then showing in the thesis statement the focus of the paper. Include the focus of body paragraphs:
A Topic of Paragraph
B Topic of Paragraph
C Topic of Paragraph
1. “The English founded colonies to escape oppression in England.” Assess the validity of this statement.
The statement, “The English founded colonies to escape oppression in England.” Is not valid because the English colonies were founded for either (A) economic motivations, (B) religious idealism, and to (C) enlarge the British Empire.
The statement “The English founded colonies to escape oppression in England” Is partly valid in regards to (A) middle and (B) southern colonies, (C) New England however, is and exception to this rule.
2. “The British colonies were so antagonistic to each other that they were unable to unite to face the attack of common enemies.” Assess the validity of this statement.
3. “Before 1763 British mercantilist policy, while restricting colonial economic development, allowed colonial political life to develop unhampered by the Mother Country.” Assess the validity of this statement.
4. “The colonial wars fought between the British and the French for domination of the North American continent created a sense of national spirit among the British colonies and created a basis for later unity.” Assess the validity of this statement.
The colonial wars fought between the British and French did not bring unity to the American Colonies, in fact it brought rebellion to colonies due to the end of (A) salutary neglect which included the (B) quartering act, and (C) stamp acts.
5. Analyze the extent to which religious freedom existed in British North American colonies prior to 1700.
6. Though there where many differences in the development of the New England, Middle, and Southern colonies, they had much in common. What conditions and experiences were common to American colonists regardless of their colony or region?
7. Analyze the relative importance of religious dissent and demographic change in undermining the Puritan dream of establishing a godly and orderly society in seventeenth century New England.
8. For the period before 1750, analyze the ways in which Britain's policy of salutary neglect influenced the development of American society as illustrated in the following: a. Legislative assemblies
The British policy of salutary neglect supported colonial development in the period before 1750 of legislative assemblies, commerce and religious diversity.
9. Analyze the cultural and economic responses of TWO of the following groups to the Indians of North America before 1750. a. British
10. How did economic, geographic, and social factors encourage the growth of slavery as an important part of the economy of southern colonies between 1607 and 1775?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document