Test 1 Essays & Study Guide
You will need to know 30 (Matching & True False, 2pts each)
Ponce de Leon
Salem Witch Trials
Essays: Choose 2 (20pts each)
1. The Glorious Revolution solidified the notion that liberty was a birthright of the Englishman. Explain how the Glorious Revolution contributed to this idea and how it subsequently affected the colonies. Did all of the colonists react to the Glorious Revolution in the same way? If there were differences, what were they? How was the language of liberty used?
2. Explain the impact of the Seven Years’ War on colonial society. Pay particular attention to how the war and its outcome shaped colonial identities as well as to the relationship between colonists and Indians.
3. Compare Indian society with that of the Europeans. What differences were there? Similarities? Be sure to include in your analysis ideas about religion, land, and gender roles, as well as notions of freedom.
4. Explain the impact on colonial life of the religious revival movement known as the Great Awakening. Be sure to discuss its social as well as religious effects. What do you imagine some of the Great Awakening’s “significant political consequences” might have been?
5. During the course of America’s colonization, 3 different nations attempted to claim it as their own: Spain, France & England. Describe their different methods of colonization, their reasons for...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document